Simplanet customers who had bought Active Sky Next or Active Sky 2016 for FSX (from Simplanet), are entitled for an additional 30% off . Discount will be shown & applied if you are logged in with the same account you used to previously purchase any of the 2 mentioned products.
Active Sky 2016 (AS16) represents the culmination of 16 years of weather simulation engine development! New In-Cloud Motion Effects, Weather Scenarios System, Airborne Weather Radar, P3D v3 Visibility Smoothing and Volumetric Fog Integration, Navigraph Data Integration, Re-designed Map-based Custom Weather Editing System, Universal Web Companion App, an Improved Mapping System and a High-Latitude Cloud Squeeze Fix are just a few of the new features to debut in this brand new version of Active Sky.
Beyond the many new features, AS16 also extends and improves all aspects of weather simulation and depiction, from data parsing, to synthesis, interpolation, depiction, performance, and everything in-between, your entire weather experience will be more realistic than ever before.
AS16 also incorporates full integration with Active Sky Cloud Art (ASCA), our brand new graphics add-on for both FSX and P3D.
ASCA includes cloud textures,sky textures, and brand new 3D cloud models to transform your skies, while also debuting a ground-breaking new feature when used in combination with AS16:Real-Time Dynamic Cloud and Sky Textures! This enables realistic weather-influenced texture variation that reloads throughout your flight without needing to shut down and restart your simulator. You can use any graphics add-on(s) with AS16, but dynamic texture reloads require the AS16+ASCA combination.
- In-Cloud Motion Effects : Feel the speed of motion while flying through clouds
- New P3D 3.2+ Visibility Smoothing and Volumetric Fog Integration : Finally, smooth and realistic visibility depiction for P3D is here
- XGauge WX + Radar : Enhanced weather gauge with included realistic airborne radar mode
- Weather Scenarios System : Challenge yourself with several scenarios including a Microburst Encounter, Gusting Winds, Wake Turbulence, and more
- High-Latitude Cloud Squeeze Fix : Fly high-latitude areas without stretched clouds
- Map-Based Custom Weather Editing System : We’ve re-designed custom weather editing and provided a new easy map-based custom weather area manager and weather setting wizard
- ASCA Integration for Real-Time Texture Dynamics : AS16 works with any texture/graphics add-ons (including default graphics), but when combined with ASCA, real-time texture dynamics and automatic wx-influenced selections are enabled
- Web Companion App : Remotely view and control weather using any device on your local network with new webserver/browser technology
- New Map System : Vector Background Options and New Overlays
- NAVIGRAPH Data Integration : Airports, Navaids and Fixes now provided by Navigraph! A complimentary expired database is included with AS16, and regular AIRAC cycle updates are available with a Navigraph subscription
- Award-Winning Active Sky Weather Simulation Engine – Enhanced Further! : We’ve been enhancing and growing Active Sky since 2000, and this new version expands our weather engine even further than ever before
- Enhanced Thunderstorm Effects : Thunderstorms are now very dangerous, as they are in the real world, and require avoidance, in most cases, to ensure safe and successful completion of your flights – Flying into heavy cells can result in loss of aircraft control and even airframe stress overload
- Performance-Focused Design : We’ve taken the previous codebase for Active Sky and re-factored it, tuned it, and re-designed many core areas for increased performance and usability
- User Interface Improvements : We’ve incorporated user feedback and made dozens and dozens of improvements throughout the entire UI
- Hybrid Weather Depiction Technology : AS16 uses multiple integration and depiction methods to provide realistic, smooth and correct weather and ambient conditions at all times, while also providing full cloud position awareness to enable advanced cloud-synchronized radar, precipitation and air effects
- High-Fidelity Data Resolution and Coverage : Active Sky 16 includes enhanced global gridded weather data, global sigmets and airmets, global surface data and global aloft data for much improved realism and coverage for all kinds of conditions in all areas without relying strictly on METAR reports
- High-Fidelity Air Effects : Wake Turbulence, Microbursts, Downdrafts, Updrafts, Terrain-influenced Drafts, Thermals and more!
- Smooth Transitions: Cloud formations, wind, temperature, visibility and every other aspect of your weather is smoothed, transitioned and interpolated for the ultimate in realism
- Private Server Network : AS16 utilizes the high-performance and high-availability HiFi DataNet weather network with multiple servers in multiple regions around the world, providing high-resolution weather data and historical data archives for the past 2 years
- Online Historical Data with Playback : Fly in weather at any date/time up to 2 years in the past and have weather update realistically throughout your flight according to hourly-archived conditions
- Active Sky API : AS16 utilizes an extended version of the Active Sky API, allowing 3rd party developers to integrate and take advantage of advanced radar, icing, wind shear, weather data and weather controlling extensibility
& Much More!
AS16’s full feature list is too numerous to list here, but we invite you to TRY AS16 FREE for yourself and experience all it has to offer!